Sniffing Out The Way To Wellness
Your pets can’t talk. They can’t tell you when something is wrong. Our doctors are pet detectives, trained to sniff out the underlying issues that cause your pet’s aches and pains. They don’t just treat the obvious problem, but rather use every opportunity to examine the complete health of your pet – from head to tail. And because you see your pet every day, we’ll train you to recognize small problems before they become bigger ones. We won’t stick you in a room with a video on proper nail care. We’ll show you. Our focus on prevention has resulted in thousands of healthy patients.
- Vaccinations – We’ll provide the vaccines your pet needs to fend off rabies, Lyme disease and other nasties as welt as regular “booster” vaccinations to ensure ongoing immunity.
- Teeth – Our comprehensive dental program includes gentle cleaning and polishing to guard against cavities and gum disease, fluoride treatment to strengthen enamel, and ultrasonic methods to penetrate difficult-to-reach nooks and crannies.
- Skin – Our doctors will get to the bottom of your pet’s rash, mange or itch. We have a complete parasite control program – including popular topical ointments – to rid your pet of fleas, ticks and other annoying pests.
- Ears – We have a long history of successfully treating ear conditions. We’ll put a stop to recurrent infections and give you the lowdown on home ear care to keep your pet healthy for years to come.
- Eyes – From conjunctivitis and cataracts to glaucoma and eyelid defects, pets experience many of the same eye problems humans do, and we have proven ophthalmology experience to set their sights straight.
- Heart – For pets with heart disorders or suspected heart problems, we use the latest EKG and diagnostic technology to get a more complete picture of your pet’s cardiac health.
Even More Reasons to Choose P.V. Village Pet Hospital
No bones about it. We’re the pet’s choice for injury care, orthopedics, surgery and internal medicine. Our in-house surgical suite is equipped with a contoured table to cradle your pet’s body, heating pads to increase your pet’s comfort, and pet-specific technology. We have in-house X-ray and ultrasound equipment in order to quickly assess internal injuries, search for cancerous growths and monitor pregnancies. And to make surgery as comfortable as possible, we’ll administer anesthesia that’s tailored to your pet.
We’re kind to your pet… and your nose. We scrub down our office every day and “spring clean” it every month to make sure our exam tables and floors are spotless – not just masked by air fresheners – to maintain a safe environment for your pet. We utilize top-of-the-line sterilization equipment to clean all our instruments, and we also make sure your pet is squeaky-clean. All baths include ear cleaning, brush-out and nail care, and we even have medicated baths to soothe your pet’s itchy skin.
Your puppy or kitten needs the same focused, loving care that any baby deserves. Your young whippersnappers will be given a thorough exam, a full set of vaccines, flea control, de-worming and fecal tests. We’ll also give you some basic behavioral training tips and screen your kitten for feline leukemia. When your pet enters their golden years, we’ll formulate an age-appropriate diet and exercise regimen, manage their arthritic pain, and keep an eye out for cataracts, dementia, heart disease and cancer.
There’s no good reason for an animal to be in pain or under the weight of a chronic disorder like hip dysplasia, osteoarthritis, asthma, epilepsy, incontinence, tendonitis or allergies. That’s why we incorporate conventional medicine and surgery with alternative treatments such as acupuncture to diagnosis and treat numerous conditions. We’ll do everything in our power to bring your pet out of discomfort and back to good health. Click to learn more. >
We’ve seen pets with some pretty odd cravings. Our skilled veterinarians have surgically removed everything from racquetballs to ribbons from pets’ stomachs. But more commonly, we see gastrointestinal problems such as vomiting, constipation and diarrhea – most of which are diet-related and quite messy for the pet owner. We formulate nutrition programs to clean up these problems, and we even sell special foods and vitamins on-site for your convenience.
Pet care shouldn’t be a hassle, and that’s why we tailor our treatments and advice to your lifestyle. We’re open evenings and Saturdays, and we welcome most credit and debit cards. We encourage busy pet owners to drop off their pets in the early morning and pick them up at the end of the day. There’s no charge for this extra convenience, and it allows us more time to treat your pet right. And if your pet has an after-hours emergency, our affiliated trauma clinic has veterinarians on-call 24 hours a day to provide immediate care.
Dedicated to Your Pet’s Health
At P.V. Village Pet Hospital, we’re proud to be your pet’s second guardian, We deliver full-service veterinary care – both conventional and alternative – with skill, compassion and attention to detail from head to tail. Your pet deserves expert care. Call us today!